We are treating this seriously. We have actively implemented policies, and we are following recommended practices from the World Heath Organization, the Public Health Agency of Canada, and Alberta Health Services to protect you, our staff, and everyone that we interact with.
Our office is in Varsity Towers which has secured access through an intercom system that reduces the number of people that enter the building.
Varsity Towers is very well maintained and has daily professional cleaning and on-site management.
Blake Nichol Law Office also has its own weekly professional cleaning services, and we are also:
- frequently using disinfecting wipes and sprays to clean desks, tables, door handles, chairs, phones, photocopiers, pens, and other areas;
- suggesting that clients bring their own pens or keep the pens they used from us;
- offering disposable cups for coffee and water;
- making hand sanitizer available for clients and staff;
- encouraging frequent hand washing for all staff;
- limiting in-person meetings when possible;
- having staff work from home when possible;
- staggering arrival and departure times amongst staff and clients when possible;
- social distancing; and
- staying home if we are not feeling well.
We have arrangements in place with other lawyers at different law firms to ensure that time sensitive legal transactions will still close normally if Blake is not available.
Blake, his immediate family, his staff, and their immediate families, are all practicing social distancing, frequent hand washing, and other recommendations to stay healthy.
Please do not come to our office if you are sick. We will make alternative arrangements to meet.